There is no doubt that I love, love, love....PODCASTS!!! I enjoy hearing other intelligent beings thinking through tough issues with rationality. Plus, podcasts are helpful to me since I cannot always get to a news channel after work and I do not trust much of the major news channels anyway. I am not a conspiracy theorist; I just want my news delivered without any liberal or conservative slant so I can dissect the story and see the truth for myself. It is possibly that some viewers may need to be "led" to the truth, but I am not one of them. Anyway, there are some excellent podcasts out there that help me with my thinking through issues with my faith, politics, and culture.
I have actually been wanting to do a blog that has a list of podcasts that I would urge others to check out. They have been helpful to me and actually fuels me in my thinking and writing in some cases. I will put a couple of sentences beside each link so that viewers of this blog may have an idea of what they are getting into when they click on the links to do their own investigation in whether listening to any of them on a consistent basis is worth their time. I really wish I had the time and skill set to do my own podcast, but until then: I will keep my ears wide open!!
Podcasts to Check Out
1. A Clear Lens - http://clearlens.org/category/podcast/ - I am the "1st Groupie" of this podcast, so I am a bit biased with this group. I enjoy them because it is a group of 3 guys that can joke around and have fun with games, but they are serious business about their Christian faith and are skilled with defending the faith. I have sent them a number of questions and they have been kind enough to respond numerous times.
2. A Glimpse of the Kingdom - http://davidwpendergrass.blogspot.com/p/podcasts.html / https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/glimpse-kingdom-by-david-w./id963970363 - I enjoy Dr. Pendergrass' podcast because he touches on different things with ministry and apologetics. It is just Dr. Pendergrass doing it solo, but he gives thoughtful opinions when he answers questions.
3. After the Sermon - http://jeremylundmark.com/category/podcast/ - This brother - Jeremy Lundmark - has been helpful to me by his giving some time to what is going on with politics and the debates that had been taking place during 2015. He was also kind enough to use a snippet of one of my sermons on one of his episodes and has answered a few of my questions, which has been helpful.
4. Apologetics 105 - http://www.apologetics105.com/podcast - I found out about R. W. Johnson and this podcast through "A Clear Lens" and I am glad that I have listened to him. He has had discussions with atheists on his show and he is very kind and reasonable with them (I believe). He deals with philosophy and theology as well, which is right up my alley.
5. Come Reason Ministries - http://podcast.comereason.org/?_ga=1.109045570.1148520658.1450300458 - Lenny Esposito has been very helpful to me and I actually just found out that he had this podcast this year. I had heard of him about 3 or 4 years ago and I bought one of his lectures years ago and met him at an Evangelical Philosophical Society conference back in November 2015. He is a wonderful speaker on the truth of Jesus Christ and is a wonderful Christian apologist.
6. Coram Deo Podcast - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/coram-deo/id963018449?mt=2 - Kyle Howard has a great podcast here with thoughtful answers to deep theological questions. He also writes on the website of Theology Mix - http://theologymix.com/author/kylehoward/.
7. Elucidations: University of Chicago Department of Philosophy Podcast - http://philosophy.uchicago.edu/podcasts/elucidations.html#current - I am deeply interested in philosophy so I try to check out this podcast as much as possible.
8. History of Philosophy - http://historyofphilosophy.net/all-episodes - Dr. Peter Adamson just gives you the history of philosophy straight, hence the name of the podcast. Good stuff!
9. ID The Future (IDTF) Podcast - http://www.discovery.org/multimedia/idtf/ - I cannot write that I am a proponent of this theory because I do not understand it completely, but I like listening to the issues that they are working through. By listening to the podcast, it did make me realize that you just cannot call the intelligent design theory "pseudoscience" if you have not actually researched the material and checked out the scientists behind it.
10. Philosophy for Theologians - http://reformedforum.org/programs/pft/ - I have not seen many episodes, but I enjoy this podcast because they are breaking down different philosophical positions for the theologian. I love it!
11. The Dave Ramsey Show - https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/the-dave-ramsey-show/id77001367?snid=show.podcast-a (http://www.daveramsey.com/show/home/?snid=show) - I enjoy and respect Ramsey after my father turned me on to him. My wife and I are not out of debt yet, but he gives helpful information and advice on all things financial.
12. The Eric Metaxas Show - http://www.metaxastalk.com/ - I found out about Metaxas through Socrates in the City, which I wish had a podcast, and the radio show, BreakPoint. He brings on great guests, plus he has great music and is very funny!
13. Trackstarz - http://trackstarz.com/category/podcasts/ - I dig the fellows on this show. They touch on different topics dealing with culture, faith, and Christian Hip Hop (or Hip Hop art created by Christians). Much respect!
14. The Urban Theologian Radio - http://urbantheologianradio.com/ - I love this show! I met Vocab Malone (the main host) recently and felt like I was talking to an old friend. I love that this show sheds light on Christian Hip Hop music and intellectually defends the Christian faith with love for those who disagree with our faith.
Have a Happy New Year and Happy Listening and Growing!!